Facial Animation With Texture Buffer Objects (TBO)
Facial Animation :
- Data driven - As the interpolation and blending is based on number of base shapes.
- Ease of automation and they are good for manual control
- Using mesh interpolation – Sometimes internal “bones” can also be used.
- Basically a neutral pose and offsets (deltas) as they are part of the face (disjoint regions) effort needs to be made to make sure that the pieces fit together.
Morphable Model :
- Very similar to blendshapes – just with automatically determined blendshapes
- Take a pile of data, do PCA to get “eigenfaces”
- Similar in math to blendshapes, but different in practice
- Blendshapes have no semantic meaning
- Often used as a way of parameterizing a set of faces
Source On GitHub (Coming Soon)